Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Visions 3

In attempt to keep up with the Visions Film Festival and Conference,  I will be keeping track of my tasks in preparation for the upcoming Festival.  Each week, a short job synopsis/timeline will be posted, which will effectively help me organize the tasks associated with being the Assistant Director over events, travel, and hospitality.

I concentrated a majority of my time over winter break on organizing and creating a new budget for Visions in Excel.  The cells are now formatted correctly so they will automatically add/deduct/multiply any numbers when entered.  It is my hope that this document can be used for the upcoming Visions classes.

The past two weeks have been spent coordinating a syllabus for my team, and setting dates to work with.  The AD's sat down via skype and worked out calendar logistics, so that we have a working timeline that fits with all departments. Our team also met with Jon to go over his sponsorship proposal.  We discussed calendar changes as a department and are completing a master calendar to follow.

I have been in contact with Cindy from CFVF to coordinate the tour that Visions will be taking to Greensboro.  More details to come.  I also met with Kristin Shelton (ARAMARK) to discuss catering options for the day of.

Apart from that I spent last Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday reading and scoring abstracts.  I also met with Will to help him fold letters to mail out.

No comments:

Post a Comment